Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

Yes, I know its Friday and I am just now getting around to posting about Halloween.



 This is my lovely pumpkin lined walk way, that was to have both my kiddos standing right there in the middle, until they saw their friends and darted away. Leaving me with a nice picture of our front doors!




But I just have to try and explain to you just what happens in my mother-in-laws rural neighborhood.





My niece, nephew, mom and sister have meet up over at my mother-in-laws house for about the last four years.





The kids down their Halloween costumes and start getting pumped t for a fun filled night of trick-or-treating.




 On a side note, anyone notice that Gabe is dressed up as a ninja?




 Sadly our planned Perry costume made out of these t-shirts didn’t turn out quite as planned.


Actually I don’t think I laughed so hard for as long as I can remember. After I finally gained my composer we headed into town to the Party Store and bought the only boy costume I could find that did not have “blood” somewhere on it.





 Hannah had her heart set on wearing press on eye lashes.



As you can see in her expression she is thinking “Hmm? Maybe mom was right on this one”!





 So at 6:00 sharp we hit the road.




 You see living in a rural area houses tend to be acres apart making walking to trick-or-treat bit of a challenge.



It just so happens that my mother-in-law lives in one of the few curbed streets in town. Drawing EVERONE within 100 miles to trick-or-treat her neighborhood.


  Look at the crowds that started to form at 6 p. m.







These people mean business!

 
And this is their means of transportation. No kidding they come in by truck loads.



 Nobody rings the doorbell. Homeowners take a seat on the front porch and just pass out candy.








The lines form down the sidewalk and stay strong for hours.




Our prediction was around 1,326 trick-or-treaters in a two hour time frame.


It really is something you almost have to see to believe!



3 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful and it looks like you have such a fun neighborhood! Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that sure was a lot of treaters out there! In our neighborhood, there were a lot of trick-or-treaters, kids and adults alike, which is a very fun sight to see, it also proves that everyone can be "forever young". Wigs and awesome looking costumes totally catches my eyes, and it made me remember my experience with my friends when we dressed up in identical business attires and one of us wore a huge afro-type African-American wigs to differentiate from the group.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...