Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Easy Pumpkin Muffins

My craving for pumpkin is never ending this time of year.



I tried a new muffin recipe this weekend that I have been enjoying for breakfast.






Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins
with Raisins and Pecans




1 ½ cup pureed pumpkin {from a can}

½ cup applesauce

2 egg whites

1 whole egg

¾ cup sugar
½ cup skim milk
1 tsp. vinegar {this makes the muffins tender}
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
½ cup quick oats
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ cup raisins
½ chopped pecans






Preheat oven to 350*. Place muffin cups in two standard size muffin tins {making for a total of 24}.





Mix pumpkin, applesauce, egg whites, egg, sugar, vanilla, milk and vinegar. Add remaining ingredients and mix just until moistened. Batter will be slightly lumpy.

 
Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full- this will make exactly 24 muffins. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and springy to the touch.

These freeze great and can be reheated by popping in the microwave and heating on high for 15-20 seconds.


I will be linking up at these great blogs today Tempt my Tummy - Tuesday at the Table - Tasty Tuesday


3 comments:

  1. This look wonderful - they would be great for Thanksgiving morning!

    I would love for you to join me at my new blog party ~ This Week's Cravings! http://frommytinykitchen.blogspot.com/2010/11/this-weeks-cravings-thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum -- those sound and look delicious!! Will be planning to bake some soon! Thanks for sharing.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Yummm. And what lovely photos! Such a fun blog you have! Excited I found it :)

    Wanted to invite you to share this event and others at a weekly event I host titled Seasonal Sundays! :)

    -Brittany-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...