Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Part Two of Two!

For the past few months I have been on the market for updating my 14 year old crock pot.



I had my heart set on this baby…








That was until I started to read the reviews. They were not good, not good at all. And at a price tag of $179.00, which I was even willing to pay, I began to do a little research.


Come to find out, due to new food handling laws, almost all the new crock pots will not cook like your mom’s ole’ olive green one.


A true crock pot has a wrap around heating element to allow for a slow most steady heat. Almost all new crock pots heat from the bottom. Cooking faster at a higher heat. Almost always leaving your food burned on the bottom.


Sadly the All- Clad, the one I could not live without, fell into "heat from the bottom" category.


So my quest began, I researched and googled all types and venders of crock pots.


Until I stumbled upon this





Meet the newest member the Gaines Gang’s kitchen…






Mr. Nesco! Not only does it slow cook it also roasts, bakes and steams, with wrap around heating elements. And best off all it was gifted to be from CSN.COM!

And now for that tailgate recipe I promised you. Perfect for my new crock pot, THAT DIP!



Yes, that’s what everyone calls my Mexican Chicken Dip. They always ask can you bring THAT DIP?

No problem! It’s simple, fast and easy to take wherever, whenever.


Here is what you need:






1 can black beans, drained
1 large can chunk white chicken, drained
1 large bag shredded cheese {about 4 cups}
1 16oz jar On the Border Salsa {MUST be On the Border or it will not taste the same}
1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained


Dump everything into crock pot and heat on high until cheese melts, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips! { note: items in picture were for a double batch}


I guarantee a hit wherever you take it!


7 comments:

  1. yum! Congrats on the new crockpot/roaster thing... Yea for the internet and all the research we can do now before we buy something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOh the new Crock Pot is so pretty...I still have my old Rival white one that I just can't bear to give up...I may have to give yours a try and I am definitely making in your dip!

    Congratulations on your new addition:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...I hope I can get On the Border Salsa in California! What is in it that makes it different?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently replaced my 15 year old crockpot and the new ones are definitely NOT like the old ones. So sad. :( Hope your new one works well for you for many years to come. And LOVE the dip idea.... so great to throw everything in a pot and leave it until guests arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm writing down this dip recipe! Sounds DELISH! I love using the crock pot so this dip is perfect for me! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my good old crockpot. Nice that this one heats completely around too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try this out - it sounds phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...