Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Southern Beef Rice Casserole

Today I share with you a recipe that will make your holidays so much easier.



Southern Beef Rice Casserole is a family favorite of ours and was passed onto me from my mother-in-law.


It’s hearty, easy to prepare and freezes fabulously!




Here is what ya’ need.






1 pound ground beef {I use ground turkey}
1 med. Onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.


Brown all together until well cooked.


Add:


1 can Mexican {drained}
1 can chopped tomatoes
½ can tomato sauce
¼ cup water
2 Tablespoons chili powder {trust me}





 Mix well and allow to simmer while you cook 1 cup of rice in 2 ¼ water, following directions on the bag.


When rice is done mix with your meat sauce and spread into a 9x10 pan and top with grated cheese.




 I like to use two 8x8 pans and freeze one.


Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes until cheese melts.




 A great meal to make and freeze and take to neighbors for them to enjoy on a busy holiday evening.


I will be linking up at these great blogs today! Tempt My Tummy - Tuesday at the Table - Tasty Tuesday - Paisley Passions


8 comments:

  1. Yum! That sounds so good! I wonder if using diced tomatoes with chilies would be too much heat (considering TWO tbsp of chili powder!!!)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good, Kate, and its something I can eat {I'm gluten free}. In fact, I think I have just about everything I need to do this and may do it Wednesday night - before we get turkeyed out this Thursday onward! : ) Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful - I love you mentioned making 2, freezing 1! How easy to pull from the freezer, add a salad and go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really good! It reminds me of my Mom's stuffed bell pepper recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum this sounds so good and easy! Saving this one! Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another recipe I'm going to have to try! Sounds delicious! We use ground turkey a lot so this sounds great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy! I just made your dip with the rasberry chipolte salsa....YUM YUM!! My hubby loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw this on Paisley Passions, this looks so quick and yummy! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...