Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Zizmisto Makes a Comeback!

It was time for Zizmisto to get a makeover.

Hannah created her last year in school and I am sure that one day it would have been a very valuable piece of artwork.
But I had other plans to repurpose the already repurposed oatmeal container.I started by laying some scrap fabric I had on the floor and “rough” cut a piece for the main body and the lid.

This is where I wanted to stop and bake me a batch of these Vanishing Oatmeal cookies printed on the lid, but I did not and preserved on!
I glued the fabric to the main container tucking and gluing it in on the top and bottom.I then placed the lid back on the container and went to grab some ribbon from my odds and ends stash.


Hot glued them around the lid
And being to lazy to make some nice fabric flowers I just cut the bands off some old pony tail holders and hot glued them to the top.
The jersey fabric works great holding all of Hannah’s headbands in place.


I would say this makeover was a success!

I will be linking up to these great blogs today stop by if you get time! Tute in Tuesday - All Things Realated - Toot Your Horn Tuesday - Hope Studios - Get Your Crafy On -


17 comments:

  1. Following you now from Toot Your Horn Tuesday Blog Hop. Please follow my blog of inspirational messages. Now on Twitter!

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! I just emptied an oatmeal container!!! I will definitely be making this! :)

    xoxo
    "Miss" Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea for headbands, it is darling!
    I have a big favor to ask of you, recently I had a post on some weight that I lost and now there is a contest and I am in it. You win by getting the most votes so I really need your vote! Could you please go to my blog and follow the directions to vote? I can't thank you enough! Just click below and then vote!!!
    http://easypeasygrandma.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-shrug-and-great-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. check out a similar project I did! http://firstladyofthehouse.blogspot.com/2011/04/formula-can-upcycle.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saved an oatmeal box to do this! Great idea and tutorial. I love the fact that you are so honest....."too lazy to make fabric flowers so cute the bands off old pony tail holders" It totally made me laugh. :-) It sounds like something I might do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently found this on pinterest and made my own versions for displaying my headbands for craft shows:

    http://pinterest.com/pin/60094976247297718/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this today, but the headbands are all too big..they slide right on top of each other. Did I miss something??

    ReplyDelete
  8. @reedchase ... you might get some clear or decorative push pins/thumbtacks to use as spacers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting this! Found it on Pinterest and just did it myself. Turned out super cute :)I'll be posting it on my blog in a few minutes (and linking to you of course) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this on pintrest as well, Got to love it!

      Delete
  10. I just did this today, it did not fit my daughters head bands,she is 13...but it is very cute! and she stores her head bands inside....I am very impressed !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I can't wait to make one with my daughter. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the fun project! I love it! My daughter does too! I posted a link from my blog to yours with a feature post about this fun project! Thanks for sharing!

    www.sjscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made one of these awhile back and I absolutely love it! I just found a picture of yours on Pinterest and had to stop by and say I LOVE the green zebra paper!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. I am now following your blog via email!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...