Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh The Smell...

I know that I say this every year but I really, really mean it this year! Christmas sure does come fast.

Yesterday I had no choice, and was tired of the kids asking when they were going to have a gift under the tree. I had yet to wrap one thing for them. And with me working till 5pm and a scheduled family picture for the media guide yesterday I was feeling a tad bit STRESSED!

My darling husband had been such a big help and scrubbed our house clean yesterday. Then took us to dinner after our pictures so that I would not have to dirty the kitchen and cook. {BEST Christmas gift yet!}

Gabe wanted his Mac-n-cheese “soup” from Charleston’s so we headed that way.

Hannah ordered her usual Baked Potato Soup but was being dramatic and saying her tummy hurt. So I stepped in and advised that there would be no play date when we got home unless she straightened up and ate. So she did.

CHARLESTON'S BAKED POTATO SOUP

1 1/2 cans chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/8 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon parsley
5 tablespoons butter, melted
5 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups half and half
4 cups cubed potatoes with or without skins
GARNISHMENTS:
sliced green onions
crisp cooked bacon bits
cheddar cheese


In large pan, mix chicken broth, water, minced onions, oregano, and parsley. Bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes.


Add melted butter, stir in flour slowly, and add salt and pepper. Stir in half and half; cook until bubbly.


Add potatoes. Cook until done over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally. If cooked too fast, the soup will burn before potatoes cook thoroughly.


Garnish each bowl with the chopped onion, crisp cooked bacon, and grated cheese.


However, she got me back good. You see I had just gotten them to sleep and was hauling out the last of the gifts to wrap when I heard it! The sound no mother, father, grandma, grandpa or dog wants to hear.


That of a gag and splatter and then the smell…regurgitated Baked Potato Soup from Charleston’s.


I am pretty sure this will no longer be my favorite to order in the near future.


Yep, just two days before Christmas and my kiddos get a stomach bug. Gabe has yet to gag and splatter but I know, as a mom, it is only a matter of time before we all go down!


On a much happier note I am so excited to see this in our forecast

I just love a white Christmas…gag, splatter and all!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, no, Kate! When my kids were little and stomach virus went around, I knew I was third in line to get it ~ just as they were feeling better, I'd be hit with it. Spray a lot of Lysol around. Maybe you'll get away with just the one being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your family is sick:( I hope they're all better in time for Christmas.

    P.S. Thank you for recently following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanting to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2010.
    Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...