Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Chirstmas Holiday Tour

For me I have always tried to keep everything the same at Christmas. I’m not sure if it’s because I am a sucker for traditions or just plan caught up in everything else.








Our tree this year did get some updated ribbon.And I only unpacked half of our ornaments, simply out of pure laziness on my part. As always our Angel graces the top of the tree. I purchased it a Bath and Body{go figure} the first year I was married, 14 Christmas’s ago. So I think it’s here to stay. I did try to change it up once and brought Hannah to tears. So, it’s going to stick around a few more years.







The mantle with some deer antlers that my dad gave me this year and the pheasant feathers too. Along with a few sprigs I picked up after Christmas last year.







Dressed up a few doors and the mirror in our entry way.




I love to fill up all my glass canisters with candy each year. If I remember right this candy is about 4 years old! Yep! I wrap it back up in tissue and store it in my house till the next year. We never eat it and it seemed such a waste. So I tried it one year and haven’t looked back. I buy a few new boxes each year on clearance to add to my stash!

This is our advent calendar I made for Hannah’s first Christmas. It’s dated and I really would love a new one. But my kids would go bonkers if I changed this in anyway. So, for now, I want to preserve their memories and not create a need for consuling later in life {smile}!






This is one of my favorite trees! These 12 days of Christmas ornaments were hand painted by Ryan’s grandma a few years before she passed away. My kids have learned to hold their breath as they walk by as not to tempt any of the to fall. I do hand tie each one tightly to a tree limb for extra protection.In the kitchen I display my gingerbread and gilded fruit purched nicely in my egg cups!







It’s no secret that I collect ornaments wherever we go. And If I can't find one I'll make do with a keychain.

 This one I keep because it displays a grandma’s handwriting.

This card was gifted to us about 10 years ago from a custodial  worker that cleaned the building I used to work in. It reminds me each year how he took the time to HAND draw each card and personalize it with our names. This, to me, is the true meaning of giving at Christmas!






Here is a glimpse of our gift wrapping this year. Though I don’t theme our tree I do create a "theme" each year to wrap in. It helps keep an updated look .


And in the center of it all we display what we celebrate the day for. The birth of our Lord and Savior.




31 comments:

  1. Your Christmas house is so warm and inviting!
    How special is the little rustic tree full of Ryan's grandma's ornaments!
    Lovin' the wreath on your hood!
    Your brown and lime green wrapped gifts are wonderful!
    I enjoyed the tour.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Kate! Certain things are tradition and even though my kids are older, they will still ask me why something isn't out. Love the candy idea, especially since I have more glass jars and containers this year than previous years. I love your gingerbread people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful
    Your home looks so warm and inviting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice!! and I LOVE the brown & green wrapping! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are nothing less than fabulous! Especially love the mirror. Gotta get me some of that candy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful room! Your tree really is gorgeous and I love that mirror with the Merry Christmas banner on it and the garland...
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is beautiful. I love, love, love your garland on the fireplace! I just started following your lovely blog.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is just gorgeous! Your garland and tree are my favs. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your home is so pretty and warm. I want to snuggle up and take a long winter's nap on the couch:) Seriously though, great job! Your entry mirror is off the hook, and the gift wrap will definitely let your loved ones know you went the extra mile.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. When it looks like that, why change a thing?!

    Your wrapping is making me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No wonder you don't change things up! I wouldn't either if my decor turned out that beautiful. You should do this for a living.

    My kids are the same way about our decorations and my brother and I are the same way about my mom's cooking. Tradition is wonderful isn't it? :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home is absolutely beautiful! Your mentel is just so pretty...I had to look and look and get even closer to look again! LOVE it!

    Thank you for sharing your home with us!
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is just beautiful! I especially love all your garlands! What a lovely Christmas home....

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Looks amazing! Like a Christmas card!
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those Gingerbread men! Beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely beautiful! My son is only 5 but we're working on traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home is just beautiful! I loved it all~your photographs really showed it off well:)

    I also collect ornaments from our travels--I've been known to make them out of things not originally intended for ornaments, too, if I can't find one:)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a beautiful home you have! I love all of your garland and greenery. I'm also lovin' the fact that you wrap up your candy to reuse every year and I'm laughing wondering how many guests have walked through your house and tried to nibble on a piece! Beautiful decorating and pretty packages...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Christmas decorations! Your pictures are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! Love your decorations and love that wreath! : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful home. I just want to curl up on your couch and listen to Christmas music. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful home! I'm signing up to follow...
    Have a great holiday!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home looks absolutely gorgeous! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been really enjoying the 2009 Christmas tour. Many of you are so talented and creative!
    The mirror decorations are gorgeous. I just love all the decorations. Thank you for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the ribbons on the tree and in the candy jar! Thanks for having me over. Come on over to my place when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have just come across your blog through "the nest files" and I am in awe. Your home is beautiful. I only wish we were friends so you could come tell me what to do with mine. ha!
    thekeylorfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here I am, hopping on over from the Nester's Holiday Home Tour ... and, I LOVE your home. So warm and inviting ... love your garlands and your other Christmas decor is beautiful !! I look forward to following your blog. I'm new to the blogging world, with so much to learn(!) ... stop by my humble abode for my holiday decor. :) Take care, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  28. So very pretty and welcoming! Especially your tree and fireplace. Merry Christmas to you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi there! Stopping by from the nester. YOUR house is GORGEOUS! YOU are so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...