Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

My Own Illustory!

Ever been to a staff Christmas Party or a family Holiday gathering, with kiddos running EVERYWHERE? Take this with you the next time and I promise you will be the hit of the party!

Remember in August when you could pick up these little boxes for about .10 cents?



I picked up a few of these blank books here. You can search online for them or stop by your nearest teachers supply store. Mine cost a mere $2.49 each.

I packaged them together , threw in a few stickers and wraped it up.

The kids have a great time creating their own Christmas story. And it’s always a hoot to see what they come up with.

I know that markers, glue and paint would be fun too. But keeping it to just crayons insures that their clothes and the house stay in tacked!

Quick, fun and only $2.59 each!

Stop by Between Naps on the Porch for more great ideas!


11 comments:

  1. Great idea! When my kids were little I always made sure I brought stuff for them to do if we went to someone's home, especially if they were going to be the only kids there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate-I just saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for the sweet comments! I just noticed that you are from Norman. I was born in Marlow. I have family in Duncan and Oklahoma City! What a small world! Have a Merry Christmas.
    Sincerely,
    A fellow Okie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for stopping by! Yes, I free-handed them and they were super easy. If you double click on my last picture you can see it up close and copy away! The first picture is blurry when you double click, so use the last one.

    Love your Illustory idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so thoughtful and a wonderful idea - and your packaging is fabulous, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where were you when my kids are little and why didn't I think of that?! Great idea!

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I need to remember this for July/August when back to school stuff is dirt cheap. Thanks, Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...