Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Redo!


I purchased these four frames a few weeks ago at my local new love, Goodwill. I remember this trip quite well. It was the most that I had every spent on any visit $14.30! I really was drawn to these frames. Maybe it was the Louisiana landscape, Or those groovy burlap wrapped mattes. No really it was the shape and construction of the frames and a price of $3 each. (high end prices for Goodwill!)





My plains were to clean them up and add a few coats of spray paint. Ya' know I have about 20 cans of that stuff in all sorts of colors. I just love the stuff! Plus it is a perk when the Wall-mart cashier cards you every time you buy it. It's always a nice pick-me-up!


Anyhow, I had planned to recover the mattes with a nice linen fabric and paint the frames my shabby chick black. I was on the lookout for some botanical prints to frame. After inhaling the fumes from painting them, I was coming back into the house and knocked down last years wall calendar that I had set aside. It was meant to be, at least for now, for this old calendar a new home. They ended up in Hubby's home office. I wonder how long it will be until he notices?








I only had three "working" frames. Upon taking them apart I shattered one peace of glass. So that frame found it's new home in the kiddo's hallway. Can you tell I really like black? For the longest time the kids would color me pictures at school all in Black. Black rainbows and clouds you name it. They new it was mommy's favorite color!








5 comments:

  1. I adore those silhouettes and plate!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the thrift store frames. Unfortunately, where I live the thrift store prices are much higher than they use to be! Love the silhouettes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo I love it ! Really like how you have the plate in the one above !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the black. Great job. And I'm a huge fan of sillhouettes also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how they turned out. They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...