Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce

Yah, yah, I know what you’re thinking…just another creamy chicken enchilada recipe, right?


Wrong!


I have tried more than a few over the course of my mom cooking career. Always on the hunt the easiest {fastest to the table} best tasting one. Well I have found it! This can easily be made with more heather options as well.

White Chicken Enciladas with Green Chilie Sour Cream Sauce



2 cups grilled chopped seasoned chicken {when I am in a hurry I used the prepackaged stuff} cooked
8-10 small flour tortillas
1 small can chopped green chilies
2 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup sour cream
2 cups grated cheese {more or less}
Fresh cut cilantro





Preheat oven to 425* . Dice and cook chicken until done. Mix cooked chicken with 1 cup cheese. Heat tortillas in microwave for about 40sec. just to soften them up. Fill each tortilla with chicken/cheese mixture roll and place in a slightly greased 9 x 13 baking pan.


In the same skillet I browned the chicken in place 3 tablespoons butter and add the heaping tablespoons of flour. Mix well and slowly add the chicken stock. Cook over med heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and your green chilies and sour cream. Pour sauce over tortilla’s and top with remaining grated cheese. Cook for about 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool top with fresh cilantro and enjoy! Recipe originally from Let’s Dish!



Linking up to all these great sites today…Tempt my Tummy Tuesday - Tuesday at the Table - Tasty Tuesday - Permanent Posies - Home Sweet Farm - Hearth and Soul - 33 shades of Green


4 comments:

  1. Mexican food is my weakness. Even at 535 am these look AMAZING! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up for trying a new enchilada recipe. This one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo...Dinner tonight! It looks so good and Easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have been perusing recipes....just the ones on Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits....and I have already decided on 3 different dinners for tonight. Keep changing my mind as I go. Now....yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...