Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Blackberry Wine Cake

A neighbor friend brought this cake over to me a few months back. It was divine and I’ve had it on the back burner to make for some time now.

Besides I really like easy stuff, don't you?



Blackberry Wine Cake


1 Duncan Hines or Pillsbury white cake mix
1 {3oz} pkg. blackberry jello
½ cup oil
1 Cup Blackberry wine
4 eggs
1 Cup pecans, finely chopped



Glaze:
1 Cup powdered Sugar
1 stick butter
1 Cup Blackberry wine




Preheat oven to 325*degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Place pecans in the bottom of the pan.


Combine cake mix, Jell-O, oil, Blackberry wine and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth. Gently pour batter into pan over pecans. Bake for 50-60 minutes.


Allow cake to cool.


For the glaze melt butter, sugar and Blackberry wine. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and slowly drizzle glaze over cooled cake. {I only drizzled about 1/3 of the glaze over the cake. It would have been way to mushy if I had done more.


I wrapped it up to take before getting a good “after” picture. I filled in the middle with fresh blackberries and greens.



I will be linking up to all these great sites today… Tempt my Tummy - Tuesday at The Table - Tasty Tuesday 


3 comments:

  1. this looks wonderful! I buy that blackberry wine all the time!!! In a cake Im sure its lovely. =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...