Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Teacher Subway Art Gift

It’s the end of the year “what the heck to get the teacher” panic mode!


Over the year we do our best to shower the kiddos teachers with notes of appreciation, homemade sweets and flowers.


So, as yet another school year comes to and end, I try to have a cute little token to thank them for guiding our child throughout the year.


This year I stumbled across this FREE printable over at eighteen25.


Bingo! I am so in love with all things that resemble subway art I thought this was too cute.


So a frame shopping we went. I wanted a nice heavy frame that had an easel back. As not all teachers have the capability to hang pictures in their classrooms.


I was all smiles when I found these at my local Uptown thrift store.



Still wrapped in plastic, heavy, velvet easel back...$3.03 each…perfect!


I bought four, took them home, gave them a fresh coat of paint and popped my subway art in.


We wrapped them up really cute and attached a Sonic gift card for them to enjoy over the summer.


Sometimes the best ideas come to those who procrastinate!


Linking up today at all these fabulous blogs…Sumo's Sweet Stuff - DIY showoff - C.R.A.F.T. - Skip ro my Lou - Be Colorful - Craft Couture - Three Little Birds


4 comments:

  1. Perfect and under the $$ amount allotted by "the rules" I great idea for all the parents out there. Thanks for linking to Motivated Monday and I hope you will keep the ideas flowing this way.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this printable. I think we're going to do this for an end of year gift. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent this to my boys' teachers too! I bought clipboards at the office supply store and added a vinyl initial them just for fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super duper cute! thank you for posting! I love this! and I am doing it for my son's teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...