Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh My Vanity... Top 10!

Let’s face it! We all have at least one “vanity” product that we can’t live without. And, it seems my list get’s longer with each passing year. So, today I want to share with you a few of my “must haves”. I could only hope that someone would pay me to talk about their products, but that’s not the case here.These are just items that I have personally used for years and wanted to share them with you!




Revlon Beyond Natural Skin Matching Makeup

I could never seem to match my foundation to my skin tone. Until I stumbled upon this a few years back. Revlon Beyond is a fabulous light foundation. My skin is very dry and this also helps moisturize  as well. It's great year round blending to my lighter skin in winter and my sunkissed skin in summer.


Retails for $8.99



Lancôme Definicils


I have been wearing this mascara sense high school. And let’s just say that’s been a few years! Yes, it is a bit pricey for a mascara, but well worth every penny. Black is my old standby and I do not recommend the waterproof version. Unless you are willing to wear it for about a week until you can get it off. Trust me!


Retails for $24.50


Sephora Cuticle Care Pen


My cuticle’s have never been the same after applying this to them. I do my best to remember to put it on nightly. And oh the aroma…


Retails for $12.00

Olay Definity Illuminating Eye Treatment


Ok, so I have only been using this for about a year. Those dark circles under my eyes had gotten fierce. And believe it or not this stuff really has made a dereference in the color and texture under my eyes.


Retails for $23.99




This product found me about 10 years ago. When I had stopped wearing acrylics and just had my first child. My nails were thinner than paper. Applying this once a day, right before drying my hair, keeps my nails strong and healthy.


Retails for $7.99


What can I say…It’s winter my feet are a mess…this stuff makes them all better!


Retails for $7.99


Mistral Almond Milk French Shea Butter Soap


Doesn’t that just sound all fancy? This smells heavenly in the shower and leaves your skin felling fabulous. Outrageous price, but a nice treat for yourself.


Retails for $8.00 {a bar}


Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15


The richest, smoothest lip balm you will ever use! I keep this in my purse at all times and we refer to it as our “family” gloss. Bonus is that it has SPF 15 mixed right in.


Retails for $17.00


Bobbi Brown Tinted Lip Balm in Hazelnut


No need for a mirror for this stuff. Works like a lip balm with a tint of color. Fits nicely in my pocket when we are out and about. Because I am at that age where my lips are fadding away.


Retails for $18.00



Can you tell I like Bobbi Brown’s line? However, I have tried her facial line and it didn’t work so well for me. But her color products are unmatched! Most of the time I wear the shimmer black, this winter I am trying the Black Ink Plum and I love it. You also have to buy the Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush to apply it. Trust me I tried all other kinds before buying hers.


Retails for $21.00 {brush for $25.00}


I would love to hear about anything that your "vanity" just can’t live without. So leave me a shout out and let me know what you can’t go without.


6 comments:

  1. I'll have to try the under eye treatment... my dark circles are a force unmatched so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great suggestions! I love the Bobbi Brown line as well, but have not tried the skin care line. I am definitely going to try the cuticle pen!

    I love Aquaphor for heals and hands, especially in the winter, right before bed. I can't live without Clinique Stay True foundation. It's the only one that works perfectly for my skin. I'm not that picky about mascaras, but usually use Clinique or Maybelline. I love, love, love M.A.C. lipsticks. They go on so smoothly and have just enough shine not to be too matte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this post! I can't live without (just to name a few) Cover girls lash blast mascara, my Rosebud Salve, my Duwop venom lipgloss and my Frizzease serum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look into the foundation, I am freckly (is that a word? It is now! LOL) and my skin changes from sunkissed in the summer (and darker freckles) to translucent in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look Kate!

    Here's my top 10 (bc this is fun)!
    1. Dove "Extra Hold" Hairspray - its cheap, soft, and does the job, and it smells clean.
    2. Bobbi Brown Beach perfume (year round - can't get past it) - im currently using some Lilly Pulitzer "Beachy" bc my husb. did not plan far enough in advance before Christmas, but it doesnt compare to Bobbi
    3. Bobbi Brown Face Oil - put it on at night bc I am SO dry, but its too oily for the daytime!
    4. L'Oreal Original Voluminous mascara in Black Brown
    5. Also the Black Ink Plum eyeliner pot - have used it for 4 years and wont ever change.
    6. Bobbi's brushes - bought a complete set on eBay for about $125 a few years ago. They are the best ever and I clean them once a week.
    7. Rosebud Salve
    8. Sonia Kashuk (Target) lip liner in whatever D21 is (its now too small to read the color, and its been discontinued for 2+ years). I literally have two of these that are now under an inch tall. They no longer make this color. I cannot find a suitable replacement. :(
    9.OPI in big apple red, for my toes only. Hands are always short, naked & covered in lotion.
    10. Biore SPF 15 Oil Free Moisture Lotion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try that foundation! I never have any luck, so I currently only wear powder.
    My must have is boring, but essential - chapstick. I like the kind with the sparkle in it. It's my favorite!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...