Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Krispie Kisses!

For the past couple of years the kids and I have been making these for teachers and friends.
Hannah has just about out grown the “idea” of them. But not my little man!
He really wanted to make them with his favorite cereal he saved from his birthday in October!
I usually make them with Rice Krispies… but a promise is a promise!
Start by making your favorite Rice Krispie treat just like the box says.
I have been using a funnel, bought {and boiled}, from Wal-Mart’s automotive department.
Spray the inside with PAM along with both your hands.
Mold the Krispies into the funnel and then turn onto a sheet of aluminum foil.
Print {landscape} 8 x 11 ½ sheet of vellum paper with your saying. Make sure to leave space at the beginning to tuck down in your Kiss.
Then wrap the foil up and you have yourself the perfect Krispie Kiss!

I will be posting at these great blogs Balancing Beauty and Bedlam - Tales of Bloggeritville - The Shabby Chic - It's so Very Cheri


20 comments:

  1. Cute! I would love to have the recipe for the caramel apples that you made at Christmas! I have a good recipe for a sweet/salty mix that a friend made at Halloween with candy corn, ritz bits, pretzels, m & m's, etc. I have also seen the candy corn in Christmas colors--wonder if valentine color is available. I'll share if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do have valentines candy corn...usually found at candy stores...in bins

      Delete
  2. You are soooo creative, I love it! We will be making these for teachers in our home this year!! Too cool!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa- I could not find a way to contact you. Soooo if you happen back her let me know how to reach you and I would be happy to share my candy apple recipe with you. And would love to have your little goodies too.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I have to make these for family and friends. We are not allowed to take "homemade" foods to school/daycare around here. Safety issue I guess. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate--I send you an e-mail. Post a comment if you don't get it--I'll check back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's sent not send

    ReplyDelete
  7. in love with these.. totally making them!!! thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very creative!!! Love it!

    Love your blog!

    I'm having a party as well and would love for you to come over and link up! I'm calling it get your craft on thursday. I'm having one every thursday. This is my very 1st party..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fun. I love the tags, too cute. Can't wait to make these w/my grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute idea! I'd love to make one for my husband, but there's no way I could hide that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that idea! I'm thinking of using a smaller funnel for a lunch box treats, and a larger one for my husband! So cute, and EVERYONE loves rice-krispy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so stinkin' cute! I'm voting for you from Valentine's Day Challenge from Life of Bliss! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so making this!! You get one of my votes for the Valentine's Day Challenge at Life of Bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made these for our church bake sale, yesterday, and they were a huge success. Wrapping them was a bit time consuming, but no problem. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...