Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Just Turn on the Light

Maybe it's because I live here in the South and hate how the Junebugs gather around the lights outside. But, when I read Anne Graham Lotz devotional yesterday I so could understand. Thought I would share with you.

Just Turn on the Light!


You were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light.

Ephesians 5:8, NKJV

I live in the southern part of the United States. During the warmer months in particular, if I leave the porch light on at night, all sorts of moths and insects swarm to it. The variety can be fascinating. Everything from large luna moths to beetles to strange green crawly things beat and flutter their way to the light. I have never stood at the door and called these insects to come or set out bait for them. All I have to do is to turn on the light and they come of their own volition - by the hundreds. Moths, in the midst of the darkness, are not attracted to more darkness. They are attracted to the light.

People today, living in the midst of "darkness," are not attracted to more darkness; they are attracted to the Light. So let your Light shine! Lift it high! You don't have to have a clever presentation to your witness or learn evangelistic formulas or take a course on communicating to postmodern man. For heaven's sake, just turn on the Light!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...