Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Demolition Play Day

This is hands down one of my kid’s favorite activity to do.


Whenever it’s extreme weather outside…HEAT, snow or ice…we have a demolish day!


It all starts with a trip to Goodwill to pick up a few old VCR’s, phones and any “cool” gadget.

 Next I pull out the tool box and let them start taking apart “the goods”.

They can spend hours unscrewing, wire cutting and rebuilding their treasures.

If the heat has you the kiddos bouncing off the wall just toss them that old iron that no longer works and kick your feet up.


This project builds creativity, fine motor skills and working together. And is far better than having to pick up the remains of 500 popped water balloons!

Linking up at these great blogs Fingerprints on the Fridge - Hodgepodge Friday - A Little Knick Knack - Tidy Mom - Bubbly Nature -


5 comments:

  1. Excellent idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, now that's creative! I can see my little guy being totally into that down the road...he loves to figure out the way things work - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is a very smart activity here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a fun mom! My boys would love this and I just found a thrift store that sells stuff like that for really cheap! I may have to let my boys try it...as long as I can keep the 2 year old from eating stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a GOOD idea! And, don't we always need a reason for a trip to GW? : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...