Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Christmas In July

Nothing like trying to wish yourself into a cooler place and time!

Honest to Betsy I’m not sure how we ever survived this heat before AC.


Anyway, am addicted to Sarabeth’s Strawberry- Peach jam. It makes the best toasted chunky peanut butter and jelly sandwich around.



 So when I had a few pounds of this

And this…


I decided to make freezer jam, following these steps.

Super easy and come December when its 10 degrees out I’ll close my eyes and think back to that 109…

I made a double batch to pass out to teachers and friends, along with some scones mixes, for Christmas this year.


I filled 18 cute little jars like this and dropped them in my deep freeze. So happy to already have something to mark off my list!



Linking up to these great sites Tempt My Tummy - Tuesday at The Table - Tasty Tuesday - Home Sweet Farm 


4 comments:

  1. What a fun gift idea! And it's such a great feeling to have gifts way ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think fruit is the BEST THING EVER on these hot days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on Tempt my Tummy Tuesday and love your blog! Great idea to get started on christmas gifts...I think I am going to get started on some aprons for all of the ladies in my family for christmas this year.

    I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jam sounds amazing! I'm going to make it this year too. Love the idea of giving it as gifts!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...