Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Loathe to Wash Windows!

I few years back, when the window washers were in my office I asked, “What do you use to get the windows so clean?”



And he gave me his secret little recipe.


I was shocked that it was so simple and have been using it every sense.



You can tell by the “cleanliness” of this window how much I loathe washing windows!
Now look at it after I used my special formula

Awww…. I just hope it doesn’t rain for a while! Note: all those tiny dots you see are actually paint splatter, leftover from my good 'ole builder, that I am to lazy to scrap off.


Here is what I use



Best{est} Window Cleaner Ever

1 part ammonia –to-
10 parts water – and-
2 drops Dawn dishwashing soap




It works great in a bucket with a squeegee and also in a spray bottle for touch ups.

Happy window washing to you all!

I will be sharing this over at these great blogs Works for me Wednesday - Finding Faboulus -  Flaunt it Friday - Feature Yourself Friday


9 comments:

  1. I hate washing windows too... esp my glass front door with all the doggie-nose smudges!! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I know what you mean about windows. I don't really "mind" washing them, but I need to do some paint scraping also and yeah, don't want to go there. (We won't mention the fact that I can't reach the tops of the windows)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great tip! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like using white vinegar and fine microfiber cloths. No ammonia smell and streak-free clean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just gave our windows a once yearly washing and just used a little dish soap and water. I did have to make sure I wiped the windows with a dry cloth to avoid any streaks. Next time I'll try your formula.
    Thanks!
    Brittany
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you at Chic on a Shoestring and had to come over because I have some windows that are in some serious need of cleaning! I'll have to get some ammonia- now what do I do about getting motivation?

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic - great idea and super cheap...I hate washing windows too ... maybe I'll suggest this to my husband...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tip! The window looks great!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...