Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Little Fern Gets a Makeover!

I came across this little lovely a few days ago when I stopped by Hancock’s of all places.

This little fern caught my eye, then its little tag made me smile, 80% off. I had been looking for something to add color to my kitchen for a bit.

The only thing that I was not to fond of was the bright green leaves and stark white urn.

So I got the bright idea to distress it using this.
On a side note please cover your granite kitchen tops before starting this project.
I took two paper towels and dabbed the stain all over the leaves and then rubbed it on the urn, just enough to tone down the really store bought look.



And it worked like a charm. Not shabby for $3.99!

Posting over at Nifty Thrifty Tuesday


7 comments:

  1. I will remember that tip! Thanks! Looks great!
    ~Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate,
    Now this was an awesome idea...looks great!Come by and show it off at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope to see you there:)

    Happy Easter!
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never thought about rubbing some stain on silk leaves! WOW! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see you at NTT:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...