Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Awe..Garden time!

It wasn’t long ago when my garden resembled the arctic tundra.

And here is what it looks like today.
Tomatoes, green peppers, onions, squash, cucumbers, watermelons, lettuce and herbs all tucked snug in the ground.
Our strawberry plants survived the cold winter and are once again in bloom.
If you garden, and have a Wal-mart near you, run and grab yourself a couple of these.
I got both kiddos one to pick and haul all our veggies in. Super cute and only $2 bucks each.


We also got busy this past weekend and cleaned out the flower beds. I’m realizing now I’m not the young spring chicken I used to be.


I tried something new this year that I had read about at the end of summer last year.
Put your bedding plants in an old 9x13 pan {one you’re never going to use anymore} and allow them to soak in this for about 30 minutes before planting.


I have read that it is guaranteed to triple your plant size and guarantee tons of blooming.


Now I will have to wait and see.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, your garden looks lovely! I am so envious of all the yummy stuff you are growing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is a lovely site for sure. I love this time of the year. Good luck and I cant wait to see how they grow!!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your garden totes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am off to WalMart immediately. I need some colour in my yard. We are not quite at your stage yet. I posted about it today too. You're post is making me even more impatient. We will be trying a garden for the first time this year....I think. But we won't get in there for at least another month.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring! Its amazing isnt it! My garden isnt there yet, but we have sprouts in the vegetable garden and my perennials are growing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...