Thursday, January 20, 2011

100% Cashmere, baby!

Better late than never, right?

For the past few months, maybe years, I have loved all the sweater pillows that have softened blog land.

So, a few months back I purchased this 100% Cashmere cream sweater at Goodwill for a mere $2.85. With the intent of making one of those soft blog land pillows. Fast forward 7 months later and I finally did it! With the help of this great tutorial over at Brassy Apple.

Tossed the cashmere sweater in the washing machine and then took my scissors to it.

I used the main torso if the sweater to create a simple triangle shaped pillow.

Then using half of the waist band trim to create my flower.

I found that nifty little button in my catch all button box.

Now that spring is just around the corner I have my lovely little pillow to swoon over.

Sad thing is it took less than an hour to whip her up!

Linking up to these great blogs today Somewhat Simple - Life as Lori - Shabby Chic Cottage - House of Hepworths


  1. I just bought one that looks just like that in brown! Great job, it is gorgeous.

  2. Oh my gosh, can you make me one? I've been wanting one of these :) SO cute!

  3. These are so pretty. :-) Maybe I will check out the closet before I run to the fabric store. :-)

  4. What a great price for your sweater! Your pillow looks great, and so nice and soft!

  5. I saw you link this to The Shabby Chic Cottage and that is adorable!!! What a great find at Goodwill!


  6. WOW! That is an awesome find for a Goodwill! I love the extra embellishment on the front too! Its beautiful!

  7. I just saw this on Somewhat Simple and had to come by and check it out. I love it! So simple, but classy! Nice job. I'm going to dig in my closet to see if I can find an old sweater to cut up!
    Scissors & Spatulas


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...