Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

She's FINALLY home...

Do you have that one special piece in your home that you know you can never part with?

For our family it's the Big Blue chair.
I know you're asking yourself... " Why do they call it blue?"

Ryan and I purchased this chair before Hannah was born {2000} and at that time it was "Yankee" blue. After Hannah we decided on a more child friendly pattern {dull and boring}.

After 7 years it was time for an update. So off she went for her mini make over. Big Blue returned home this weekend with Hannah asking... "Is that the same chair?"
Yes, yes it is. And I am in love with her all over again. I want to cover everything that I have in this!

The fabric we picked turned out fabulous. Along with the new wall color from Sherwin Williams {Mannered Gold}. It took 5 gallons to repaint the living room, entry and kitchen. So it's always a big relief that it's a color you can live with both day and night!
I smile every time I walk by her.




9 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit to my blog. I've had fun getting my house ready for fall. If you saw my previous post, you know why it took so long to get ready.

    I would love to be able to see the fabric on your chair up close. It looks as if it is a bit of a leopard print along with a more traditional pattern within it. Do you have your "enlarge pictures" enabled? Your fabricator did a nice job of aligning the pattern from back to top of cushions. I love fabrics, and I always hope my clients will use multiple patterns together.
    Hope you'll be back to visit again.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I so need to have my chair recovered. This is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a good looking girl with her new clothes on! I love it. The whole room is lovely.
    Thanks for coming over!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    I love your family room, very pretty! I also *really* like your picture frame with the letter G in the middle...what a great idea!

    Love your blog!

    ~*~*~*HAPPY FALL*~*~*

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, another Okie! I love your blog and I love your chair. I would love to know where you sent it to. I live in Tulsa, OK (raised in Edmond) and have a chair I want recovered. I also would love to know what fabric that is or where you got it b/c I would love some big pillows made out of it for my BORING couch. I couldn't find a way to email you, so sorry for the long post. Love the paint color you chose too, and the framed G is adorable. Jen
    jenrdh29@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your chair!! I have SO many pieces of furniture that I would love to have re done! I've called around and have been told that it would cost less to buy new furniture:( Maybe I'll get brave and try it myself someday. haha...probably not! I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chair is fabulous! I love the fabric, so rich! I had SW Mannered Gold on my walls in my previous house. I always got so many compliments. My new house was already freshly painted so I'm living with it right now. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love the chair!! I have a big one like that with an ottoman that really needs a makeover. I'm scared to find out how much it will cost to have it recovered, though! I also LOVE how you framed out your initial behind the chair. I have a big D that I might have to do that way also! Thanks for the ideas!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with your chair! Love the fabric!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...