Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Give Peace a Chance

Hannah has her heart set on being a Hippie Chick this Halloween. So we hit the local Goodwill this past weekend and got to work. If you have a 9 year old, crazy with the "new" peace sign look , this is for you! I think she turned out pretty cool man! We bought the denim vest, orange skirt and purse at the thrift store. I sewed the fringe on an bought some daisy trim and John Lennon like shades. She could not be happier.

I also wanted to share with you what the kiddos will be passing out at their Fall Festival's this year. Zazzle has the best site for designing all your own stickers. They come shipped fast on high quality heavy stock vinyl sticker paper and run about $4.95 for a set of 20. I am totally hooked on them for everything. I had some printed with Hannah's name and some with Gabe's.

I purchased the self sealing bags from here. And went with ordering 100 4x4 bags for $5.00 as I plan on doing the same thing with a Christmas theme.
So for about .25 cents you have a custom favor, less than $5.00 for 20 classmates. That's cheaper than one bag of candy.Now just fill with a great Monster cookie or Goldfish crackers for the younger crowd.
Skip on over to Soft Place to Land and check out all the cute stuff.
I have been flooded with emails on how to create the stickers on Zazzle. Pull up Zazzle.com and enter {in the search boxes} Halloween Treat then select stickers and click search. This will pull up some really cute ones. You can just search for Halloween then stickers. It will pull up about 15,000 options. After you find a design you like click on it. Look for custom and play around with it. It will take you a bit to get used to it. Make sure to create an account first then you can save everything that you find a create. The ideas are endless! Hope this helps! I just noticed that the price went up on the Polka Dot sticker. I placed my order on 9/1/09 and the price was $5.60 it's now $7.45 that's a big jump. But they all have different prices and I think it's based on popularity. So order your Christmas ones early!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great sticker/bag resource info. I am loving this idea for school favors. What a cute and personalized idea. Love your blog!
    Jen, Tulsa OK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! It looks so professional. How did you do the stickers? Did you design them first and upload? i checked out Zazzle but could not figure it out. Thank you. Awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea, I went on to the Zazzle website to order some myself, how were you able to make polka dot stickers, I only see how to change the background color, can you help?
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I think I'll fill mine with some homemade oreos with orange frosting! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the added details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute idea but I'm wondering how you figured it's <$5 for 20 students? If I just order the 20 stickers it's almost $15 (stickers + shipping). I'm wondering if I can't find similar stuff (maybe not personalized) local and save some cash. Thanks for the ideas though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're all ready for Halloween! I really enjoyed looking around your blog! What great ideas!!
    *Eliza’s blog*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    Can you tell me how you made the band that went across the bag?
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...