Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Frugal Friday Tip


Today The Shabby Nest is hosting a Frugal Friday party and I thought I would join in.

Last year we took a step back to see where we could cut back and save. I realized that we were going through about 5-6 trash bags a week! So I thought to myself why not just empty the the trash into our main trash bin outside. I grabbed a large rubber head band to hold the trash bag to the can and now simply just dump it into the main bin. Once a week I remove the trash bag and use it to collect the remaining small waste baskets that we have through out the house.Not only do we save on the cost of trash bags but we are also cutting back on our added waste to the environment.


3 comments:

  1. Hats off to you! Saving $ and waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea! Ugh...I know I spend way too much money on paper towels and trashbags. I might just try this!

    ps. Frugalicious Friday is my day at Finding Fabulous...I hope you can link up!

    Jane @ Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do this too....I've had some folks comment on how gross that is, but whatever :o) As long as it isn't smelling bad, I happy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...