Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Texas!

Ever wonder what the fair looks at 7:46 A.M.? Yep, we have lost our minds arriving at 7:46 A.M. for an 11 A.M. kickoff!
This past weekend we ventured down to Dallas for the Red River Rival and a visit to the State Fair.

My kiddos absolutely love this fair. We let the "big boys" go to the football game and then the kids and I hit the fair.

Now , I am not the fair going type. But during the game all is quite. And this is the cleanest fair that I have ever been too.



We visited a fabulous petting zoo. With zebras, kangaroos, giraffes and all kids of baby animals.
Rode lots of rides but, this ole' potato sack slide was hands down our favorite!

Then I was off in search for the fried butter. I found fried latte...
fried pecan pie and cheesecake...and then there it was right next to the fried cookie dough and P.B.&J sandwich!

For the record I did not try any of these but they all had a "hearty" line of people waitin'.

Especially Fletcher's Corn Dog, yum!


3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and commenting.

    It sounds like a fun time was had by all at the fair. I can't believe all of that fried stuff. What's a fried latte anyway?

    Hope you get to paint pottery with your kids. It really is a ton of fun.

    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I've never heard of a deep fried latte-hmmm...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog too-I love all your cute Halloween ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love state and county fairs for a good time and lots of events to see. Thanks for becoming a follower. See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...