Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pressure Cooker Green Beans

I got an updated version of one of my favorite kitchen appliances and have been lovin’ every minute with her.

One of our family favorites is pressure cooker green beans. So many of my friends are scared to learn how to use a pressure cooker. Don’t let that be one of you!

 This is a quick, simple and delish way to prepare your fresh green beans!

Start by rinsing off your green beans {no need to pop the ends off}.
Place green beans in pressure cooker and lightly season. I like to place a few pieces of cooked bacon in for added flavor.


Allow your pressure cooker to “rock” under high heat. Once the “rocking” has begun time it for about 3-5 minutes. Then remove pressure cooker from heat and run cool water along the sides to stop cooking so your green beans won’t be mush.
Season a bit more and enjoy!


I will be linking up to these great sites. Stop on by…Tempt my Tummy - Tuesday at the Table - Tasty Tuesday


Happy Cooking!


3 comments:

  1. I am one of those scared of a pressure cooker but I am thinking I just might buy one this winter. I will be looking for more recipes from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh green beans! I'm afraid I may be one of those that's scared to use a pressure cooker. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using pc's since the 80's. You do yours just like mine-these are so delicious. Thanks for sharing with us! Richard/Texas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...