Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Before and afters from my latest visit to Goodwill.

Love the lines on this metal cake stand that I picked up for $1.00

A little black spray paint and it became the perfect pumpkin stand.



For the past year I have been looking for a lazy susan for my spice cabinet. Yes, I know you can find them all the time, even at Wal-Mart.
But I was looking for wood, small in diameter to fit in the cabinet and it needed to stand up a bit higher to clear the lip of the cabinet.

It was a perfect fit all for $1.00.
I made this FREE 8x10 college print from Walgreens for Ryan’s office. It fit perfect in my $.99 black wood frame.
And last, but not least, this silver shinny acorn dish
Was spray painted a nice matte caramel color and I added some acorns I already had.
Can’t wait for my next visit, you just never know what you will come across.

Linking up here today Fab Friday - Remodelaholic - Finding Fabulous - Fingerprints on the Fridge

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Blessings

K-


9 comments:

  1. Love that cake stand, Kate! That will definitely come in handy at this time of year. I'm hoping to hit my Goodwill with my daughter tomorrow. I haven't been in awhile, so I hope they have some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love it.. all of it. Great score!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your finds! I adore acorns too and have used them alot in my fall decorating. Yours look great painted! And I really love your cake stand, too. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. golly, i wish i had your eye for decor. amazing! i truly struggle in that dept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, what wonderful finds!! The cake stand and the acorn dish are gorgeous. The dish looks perfect after your touch up, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post certainly makes me want to go to Goodwill. Score! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. $1 for that cake stand? That's the bargain of the century!!

    Oh, and the 25 cents college student book.....

    I'm so glad you liked the ideas of framing the vintage letters. It's such a good way of keeping lovely, old things on display.

    Pleeeeease take me when you next go shopping. You can be my good luck mascot!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds, Kate!

    Thanks for linking up to Fab Friday -

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...