Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Polka Dotted Pumpkin for Teacher

This is the second year now that we have glittered pumpkins to share with our teachers.

It’s hard to do a project any easier or faster than this one!
First, let the kiddos help you pick out the cutest pie pumpkins you can find.

Using round sponge brushes, simply dip in paint and dot over your pumpkins. I try to have a little excess paint to hold the glitter. Just don’t get too much or your pumpkins will have the runs {smile}!
After you have polka dotted your pumpkin hold it over and open newspaper and generously sprinkle Martha Stewarts Super Fine glitter in the same color as your paint. Simply pick up newspaper and dump back into your glitter bottle. It will look like you are using a ton of glitter at first. But, it really is only very little.


Lightly blow off remaining glitter and allow your pumpkin to dry for about an hour.
Finishing off with a cute little ribbon and pumpkin stand. A perfect gift for any teacher’s table.

Linking up at these great blogs today Between Naps on the Porch - Making the Word Cuter - The Girl - Made by You Monday's


13 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I'm going to try this with my kiddos this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute!! I will be trying this one!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute and thoughtful idea! Where were you when I was teaching,LOL. I'm sure the teachers will be delighted. Have a good week. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute idea. Anything with glitter is right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun and cute!! I wasn't going to do teacher gifts for Halloween, but I just might have to now!!

    Stopping by from The Girl Creative!

    Jan
    www.thesimpler-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any teacher would be happy to have these! Thanks for stopping by The Wandering Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a teacher I can say I would LOVE to have one of these! Great idea. Thanks for thinking of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are too cute, I think I would just keep them for myself! The ribbon adds such a cute touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!
    You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie linky Party!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute...and easy:) what more can you ask for! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...