Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summertime Pressure Cookin'

Really the best time to put your pressure cooker and crock pot to use is in the summer months. Many of us tend to think of it only for fall or winter cooking.



However, it’s the best way to cook your food, fast or slow, while keeping your kitchen cool.


One our favorites is heading out here.
And digging a few of these up.
Scrub them clean and pressure cook ‘em.


New potatoes taste fabulous prepared this way and its super simple!


After cleaning the potatoes simply place in pressure cooker and cover with about 1 cup or so of water. A trick to getting all your potatoes cooked at the same level, is making sure  they are roughly about the same size. This is the best guarantee for nice even coking.
Place pressure cooker on high heat until your rocker is moving along at a nice rhythm. Reduce heat to med-high and allow to cook for about 15 minutes.
Place cooker in sink and spray sides down with cool water to stop the cooking process.
Remove lid and enjoy! My kiddos are purest and stick to plain butter and a bit of salt.


Super simple summertime cooking!

I will be linking up to these great sites Tempt My Tummy - Tuesday at The Table - Tasty Tuesday.

Come back later this week, I have a really great giveaway coming. And maybe a chance to get yourself a brand new pressure cooker.


7 comments:

  1. Mmmm I want some potatoes now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love new potatoes! Plus, this is something I can eat {I'm gluten free}. You're right ~ I don't even think of my crockpot during the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love red potatoes...do you know they are so much better and healthier than white ones too...this is all we eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How yummy! New potatoes are my favorite!

    Can't wait for the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used a pressure cooker but I would love to try it. These look great and I love the idea of less heat in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New potatoes straight from the garden are THE best. I have never had them made in a pressure cooker... great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...