Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chasing Fireflies Knockoff!

We had daddy's regional baseball game to attend this past weekend and I was looking for something new for little man to wear.

I had purchased several blank t-shirts from Wally World for $2 bucks each a few months ago. Knowing that I would be able to find a good use for them.
Here is what I did.


Copy and paste your favorite team logo into a word document. From here you will be able to adjust the size to accommodate the shirt that you have, then simply hit print. Remember that you are not a licensed vendor to resell this logo. So I kept it for my own personal use.


I feel in love with a few t-shirts from Chasing Fireflies and decided to knock a few of them off!

Using freezer paper, fabric paint, round bowl, exacto knife, and a sponge paint brush.
First, using your bowl, trace a circle onto your freezer paper. Remember the size of your circle will be based on the size of your t-shirt.


Then trace your logo into the center of the circle. Cut out by placing the freezer paper on top of a piece of cardboard and use your exacto knife to cut out.
Iron on the circle to your shirt first followed by your logo in the center.
I first used a round sponge brush but the sponge brush shaped like a paint brush worked much best.
Simply paint over the exposed area within your freezer paper pattern. Allow to dry then remove the freezer paper.
I can’t wait to make a few New York Yankee tees!




I will be linking up to these fabulous sites today  Works for Me - Show and Tell - Trash to Treasure


4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I'm definitely going to try making one for myself for the upcoming football season. Boomer Sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can I say Gig Em?! LOL I am really going to have to make one with the A&M logo on it! Great idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea! I'm gonna grab some blank tees and make some.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...