Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Teaching Gratitude

I really want the family to focus on Thanksgiving this year and not rush into Christmas. I have seen so many great ideas out there about a giving tree. However, I lacked the time to get one created before November is over.

So, why at Walmart the other day I found this box of 72 colored pencils for $3.00. Remembered that I had a roll of brown craft paper and a cute jar.



I was just going to tape it on our door but I wrapped a sheet of foam core{using a stapler} and sketched out a gratitude tree.
I plan on adding scripture that relates to gratitude, blessings and thanksgiving. Each day we will all write what we were thankful for that day. Today Gabe decided to put Fruity Pebbles! He was aloud to pick out his birthday box of cereal yesterday and devoured it for breakfast today. It's a start{smile}.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...