Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Joy of My Heart



I subscribe to an online daily devotional from Anne Graham Lotz with Angel Ministries.


There have been many mornings I have opened her email and have had an additional burst of encouragement for my day.


You can find them posted all over the inside of my cabinets and doors.


With this being Valentine’s Day I wanted to share with you what she sent me today.




The Wonderful Someone

"It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."


John 16:7, KJV


The very promise Jesus gave us contains a name for the Holy Spirit that reveals the uniqueness of His nearness in our loneliness. This name, "Comforter," is equally translated from the Greek text into six other names, each of which describes a slightly different aspect of the Holy Spirit's precious, personal ministry in our lives:


Comforter: One Who relieves of mental distress

Counselor: One Who gives advice and manages causes

Helper: One Who furnishes relief or support

Intercessor: One Who acts between parties to reconcile differences.

Advocate: One Who pleads the cause of another.

Strengthener: One Who causes strength and endurance

Standby: One Who can be always relied upon

Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to have Someone with these attributes in your life? If you belong to Jesus, you do have that wonderful Someone. You have the Holy Spirit.


Blessings






3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful devotion. Thanks for sharing. I love the description your shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post. Thank you for sharing... and Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...