Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Here Comes Okie Cottonwood!

I woke up yesterday morning to a sinus headache and puffy eyes. Thought to myself ugh, can’t wait for these seasonal allergies to be over with.



Made my way to the kitchen for my usual “Good morning, WAKE UP Dt. DP” passing by the window when this caught my eye.
No, I’m not talking about the heavy dew and the nice steam coming of the pond. Look a little closer…
Yep, if you live in my neck of the woods you know what I’m talkin’ about.
The dreaded Cottonwood Tree.


Looks a bit like a light snow for Oklahoma, in late May!


It’s the time of year that this lovely tree pollinates. They are like dreaded 40 feet weeds. They grow unwilling anywhere and EVERYWHERE!


I had the kiddos fooled for a bit about another snow day. Then I was bombarded with a zillion questions about this fabulous “snow” tree as we have now dubbed it!
But, this time of year also brings me lots of this from my garden.
And pretties like these to fill my vases.

Excuse me now as I need to run to my local pharmacy and get me some more allergy meds. Cross your fingers that I have not reached my purchasing limit for the month. Those dang meth lab people have really messed the access to my Cotton Wood “fix it” pill all up!


5 comments:

  1. we have some serious cottonwood around here too. A house down the street looks like it's covered in snow, which is funny when it's 85degrees outside. Beautiful pics as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. Cottonwood is my allergy down fall and the area we live in has tons of the trees. You can just watch the piles of snow "float" across the grown. I want to cry. Plus with how windy it is here...sometimes the fluff blows into my nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are cottonwoods in Korea too! I thought we'd escape them when we moved from Kansas, but nope. We are still dealing with them and their abilities to make us sneeze here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the snow drifts too! My screens are covered with film!!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish the Cottonwoods were ready here! Not much stayed on the ground, but there truly was snow outside my house this morning...Calgary Alberta!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...