Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Doilie Bag

I was giddy yesterday when I found a fabulous new blog, just plain giddy with joy.

 
Ashley Ann is not only an amazing photographer put has some fabulous original ideas. Unlike me, who just likes to borrow ideas rather than thinking them up on my own!


I came across this post and decided they would make great gifts.

It didn’t require much in the way of “things needed” which is a great sign for someone like me.

Taking canvas tote bags I ran an iron over them to get out all the wrinkles and folds.


Taking a 12inch doilie I applied spray adhesive to the back and stuck them to the right corner of the bag.
Using a sponge brush apply a little paint to the tip of the dollies pattern. You can tell form the two that I did which one I chose to work a little faster on. Still a great look just a bit “heavier” look than the one I took more time with.
I typed up initials using microsoft word with MS Minco font. Traced them onto freezer paper and created a stencil to use.
These make great gifts for just about anyone. I am planning on making a few for graduation gifts and filling them with items that any grad would be happy to get.
They would be great to take a meal in to a new mom. Or to fill with snacks for the hospital.


Perfect for a teacher.

The uses are endless!

I will be linking up at these great sites. Stop by if you get a chance!
Toot Your Own Horn - DIY Day - Get your Craft On -


9 comments:

  1. Yes, I saw that post too and have been wanting to try this project - yours turned out super cute!! Great job!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how PRETTY! I will be giving this a try for sure!
    ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for gifts! Those turned out great. They would also make super sweet gift bags - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out great! I love the idea of having some on hand to fill up with goodies to give away. Fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Those are so simple, yet so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so easy, and super cute! I'll be storing this idea in my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    I'll have to remember this for some future gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, now thats stinkin cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that turned out so cute! What a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...