Thursday, March 11, 2010

Meet...The Bravos!

A few weeks back I posted about needing your help on the purchase of a new washer and dryer set. Thank you all for your feedback. After much debate and WAY too much research online this is what I went with.

They just delivered them yesterday and we are all smiles!
The set we owned for 13 years before this was a Maytag and I swore I would never buy another Maytag. Yet, here I am with a brand new set. Maytag is now made by Whirlpool. And regardless of what brand you buy now days the life span is about 9 years tops {unless you can get those Speed Queens}!  They just don't make things to last anymore.

Why a Maytag you ask? It was rated the #1 front loading set by consumer reports. And I found tons of positive feedback regarding the Bravos.

I did stick to my guns and got a top loader. It has the exact same features as a front loader, just loads from the top. But I can't figure out why it cost more than the front loader? We needed this for a few different reasons.

1. It was not going to be possible to leave a front loading door cracked in the laundry room. This is my MAIN entrance to our home, or should I say, the one the family and neighborhood kiddos run in and out of. It would only have been a matter of time before the door was ripped off or someone got hurt. 2. I can easily add to this one if I need to toss something in quickly without restarting the entire load. 3. We are a tall family and the thought of having to bend over {even with a pedestal} was not something I was eager to do 3-4 times a day.

So there you have it! Only time will tell how we really like them. For now I am enjoying the quietness of it all. However, not so eager on teaching everyone how to use all those new buttons.


  1. ok now those sure are PURDY! lol

  2. Great Points about the front load verses top load. I have yet to convert to a front load & now I'm quite pleased I haven't!

  3. Awesome! I have those machines and they are great. I chose top loading because it was larger (that means more clothes per load!!!). Happy washing!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...