Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Ok, I can understand the word "junk" when I first looked at this!
But take a look now! A great little stool for us to use in the bathroom.
After a spray paint makeover I think it looks just fine sittin' on our dresser.
Perfect for keys, phone and spare change.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
We are a family trying to live up to the motto that is being taught now at school. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! GO GREEN! So I hated to throw away these nice big glass jars.
We are hosting a Fourth of July bash in a few weeks. And of coarse will be serving pickles. So I got my spray paint out and some patriotic ribbon and went to work. Here is what I ended up with.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
And the garden finally got it's nice new blanket of alfalfa this weekend.
We couldn't help but think of one of our favorite books. The kids and I love The Little Mouse , The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear. If you haven't read it yet check it out this summer.
Monday, June 15, 2009
- Never suggest the family to come with you to look for a swimsuit!
- Yep, I really asked and they all wanted to come.
- Try to talk hubby into going to Marshall's first.
- He suggests the Mall.
- After much humor from my 4 year old, in the dressing room, I find one.
- Thinking WOW $80.00 is a lot to spend on tankini. But, it looked good!
- WOW, WOW, WOW when checking out realize that it is $80 for the top and $80 for the bottom. Husbands pays dumbfounded and we leave.
- 24 hours later return suit after finding one at Marshall's for $29.99!!!
- Add some fresh flowers to front flower beds.
- After planting flowers decide that we need to add a few shrubs and transplant some others.
- Two hour project turns into 8 hours with sunburn, stink and overworked, out-of-shape muscles.
- Day two had to use the overworked, out-of-shape, sore body to lay alfalfa hay on garden. Kiddos are begging to take a walk around ENTIRE neighborhood.
- Realize that 4 year old may have been traumatized by swimsuit fittings! As questions are ongoing.
- Clean windows and screens. Ahhh.....
- Note: kids think it's fun to press face, hands and tongue against inside , just cleaned window, why you are cleaning the outside.
- You scream to stop and they all of a sudden have lost their hearing!
- Cleaning windows takes twice as long and so does the explaining of why we can not touch them.
- Sore body awakens at 3am to thunder, lighting and diagonal rain.
- Can't fall back to sleep realizing that I don't have to get up early to water newly planted flowerbed.
- Let me know when you want it to rain. I will make sure to wash my windows or car for ya!
- Oh look it's Monday!!!!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
They know to stop and clean their feet before hitting the carpet. And I enjoy a cleaner floor in return!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
We took Saturday afternoon to run down the road to our local farm.
Hannah and Gabe really wanted to stop and pick some. So we piled in and picked a few pints to make Strawberry Shortcake. You can tell I really thought ahead here. Everyone has flip flops on and coordinating outfits, HA!And I left my camera at home and was forced to use the iphone for some pics. The day did have a happy ending, as we made it just in time to catch Happy Hour at our local Sonic!
The weekend ended with a trip to Nana and Papa's for dinner and to pick up their old washing machine. Mine had decided Friday that it no longer wanted to be a part of our family and moved on. And we were in dire need of some clean towels. The nice thing about it was she had bought the same set as me a few years ago, so it still matched my dryer. Call me cheap but I am trying to justify spending $2,000.00 on a new washer dryer set. I hope that this will extend my purchase for a few more years.
The boys enjoyed some practice swings in Papa's back yard after dinner.
I think God is ,by far, is the best artiest I know!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
I heart restaurant Buffalo China. I purchased 18 pasta bowls, 6 serving platters, 8 sugar packet holders and 12 oval side bowls.
Anytime I turn an item over and see this I can't help but smile!
Not only is there a million entertaining options for this stuff is timeless and sturdier than I'll get out!
I love old books ,not only to display, but to flip through. I found this family album with so much history. This picture is of a home in Dallas , TX at the turn of the century.
Below shows the families move to Galveston, TX and the construction of their project. The Galveston Beach Seawall.
From the families dress and interior home decor I believe they where very well-to-do.
I picked up a ,never been open, box of large Mason canning jars that will come in handy next Christmas for packaging gifts.
I was going to Hancock's this weekend to pick up three yards of red burlap for a 4th of July bash we are going to throw. Last night I got an entire 54inch roll of red burlap (30 yards) for for $2.00! Yes, I have a gigantic smile on my face!
I have absolutely NO idea where I am going to stick this little black desk. However, I just could not pass it up for $10.00! It may find it's way into the playroom for a coloring desk.
Another old neat music book. I just wished he had had some old cookbooks, my fav!
Little man came running up to me with this saying "look mom Babe". So we had to get it for his Yankee bedroom. I think he can recognize Yankee players better than his 1,2,3's.
A new little 12x12 Frisker paper cutter.
Dad said if I ever see any Shimano fishing rods with oval reels for about $35 to get it. I got this one for $9.00.
I spent 2 hours just digging through boxes ,with my kiddos running wild. I had by big pile and asked good ole Raymond what I owed him. He said $30.00!! Shut up! I loaded my car as fast as I could and went home.Can't wait till next June. You can bet I'll be back!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Here Hannah shows off her princess crown and foil butterfly.