Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gettin' ready for the 4th!


We attended a fabulous outdoor wedding this past weekend. And when you have an outdoor wedding in Oklahoma, in June, it means one thing! Heat, and the heat index!




As we were seated an attendant handed us a bottle of water and cute fans that had the evenings event printed on them. They were so stinkin cute I had an Aha...moment!


This fourth we are hosting a small little July 4th bash and yes it will be a hot one. So I decided to create our own fans to have.


I started with a couple of text boxes in word and created a menu for one side and copied the first verse of the Star Spangled Banner for the other.

I shrank it just a bit so that when I cut them out and posted them on red card stock the red would show as a trim. I then hot glued a craft stick to the back side and covered it with the Star Spangled Banner. Added a cute polka dotted ribbon and we have some cute custom menu/ fans for our bash! I made 30 fans for $4.73 and about an hour to assemble.

Can't wait to show you what else I am cookin up for the fourth. I let you in on it soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...