Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Box of Baking Soda

If I really had lots of spare time this is something I would do more than just twice a year. Say every three months or so. Don’t miss understand me our sheets and bedding are washed weekly. But the DEEP cleaning not so much.


Each spring and fall I deep clean all our mattresses using this little combo of baking powder and lavender. Ideally scented oil would work best but I don’t like the smell to linger too much.

While what seems to be loads and loads of sheets, blankets and mattress pads get washed I sprinkle this all over the mattresses and allow it to set for at least a few hours.

The baking soda helps draw out moisture and freshen the mattress up. I simply plop my vacuum on top of the mattress and vacuum up the powder and heaven knows what else.

It’s truly amazing at all the uses a $.50 box of soda can do for you.

Happy cleaning!


4 comments:

  1. Wow what a great idea! Hadn't thought of that. (Especially for the stinky boys room!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this soon! Our mattress is on it's last leg and at least if it smelled good it would feel so old:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to do this! Thanks for the tip! I have never really thought about it before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...