Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

The Perfect Little Gift

Disclaimer…Family and friends stop…look away now… for maybe one of you might be gifted what I am about to show. So, if you choose to continue on please act surprised when you open you lovely little box!



Well I had a few hours last night after the kiddos went to bed to work on my pile of gifts that I need to make.

I have seen some really cute fabric necklaces at Anthropologie and online. So, I grabed some old t-shirts and a string of leftover Marty Gra beads and got to work.

Here is my first finished project. I am planning on making a few more in some deep eggplant colors. Just the perfect gift for my girlfriends and a few lucky family members.



I really like how the little buds turned out. I created these using strips of fabric from the leftover shirts.
                             

And for the black casing I used some of Hannah's old stretch black tights. What I really like, and did not expect, was the slight bit of purple you can see from the beads every now and then when the light hits just right.
                           

Head on over to Finding Fabulous - The Shabby Nest and Todays Creative Blog for some more great ideas!


13 comments:

  1. ok - these are adorable! can you give a tutorial for these? how did you secure everything - glue? sewing? the rosebuds are adorable --- or if you could just let me know personally how to make them if you're not up for a full tutorial - i'd love to make these for all the girls in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out fabulous-ly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! You are very creative and you are lovely too!
    Awesome job, wish I were on the Christmas list!

    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are fantastic!!! adorable I really really want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very clever idea and they turned out beautiful! These will make awesome gifts.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love a good knock-off post, and this is adorable! I love the rosettes too. Thanks for sharing.

    Jane @ Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great...I am amazed:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Tutorial Please!

    www.thekeltonscozycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...