Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Bulletin Board Makeover


I found this nice bulletin board at Goodwill a few months ago. It had been doing a great job hanging in my closest displaying all my bobbles.



But it was just a bit bland and boring.


Nothing a little bit of spray paint and sharpie can't fix!

I first sprayed the frame and pushpins black and let them dry for about half an hour. Then I came back and brushed on a brown paint I had in the garage. But it still needed something. That's when the burlap table runner that I had made came to mind.

One end had been damaged {by an overactive crafting child} so I cut out the middle and tacked it on. I did this while the paint was still a bit tacky to the touch. This helped adhere the burlap to the cork board.


Used my handy dandy sharpie to add the No.5 and hung it back in my closet.


It's been a great way to see all the necklace's and some bracelet's that I have. However, i noticed in these pictures {still using the old camera} that I need to do a bit of touching up on the inside of the frames. But not bad for the original $1.00 that I spent on the bulletin board.


2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Definitely going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    P.S. I'm a new reader of yours and I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job...I love how it turned out!

    Happy Thursday!
    ~Michelle :)
    (Treasure the Moment)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...