Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Death by Starch!

I know that many of us have a good ole’ standby potato casserole recipe filed away, or stuffed, in our holders ready to go.

This Potato Casserole was passed onto me from my Mother-n-law. And now has become my go to potato recipe for the last few years.


It's a no brainer and requires just a hand full of ingredients.


20 oz. bag cubed hash browns
2 Cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup milk
2 cups (16oz) French onion dip
Handful of onion flakes
1 can cream of chicken soup {undiluted}

Using a large bowl mix everything together except the potatoes and butter. Once everything is well blended stir in the frozen hash browns. Top with ½ stick butter sliced over the top. I like to mix mine up the night before and cover with foil and let set in refrigerator until the next day. Bake uncovered @ 350* for 1 hour and 15 minutes.


The result is ooey starchy goodness!

I will be linking up at these great sites Tempt my TummyTuesday At the Table - Tasty Tuesday


10 comments:

  1. Death by starch...LOL, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love the title of this post....it seriously looks delicious..mmm yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! That looks fabulous!

    Thank you for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. French onion dip? I never would have thought of that! I love cheesy potatoes, and this looks like a great twist on my usual recipe. Thanks for sharing! (And your title totally cracked me up! Death by starch wouldn't be that bad, would it?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post title! Made me laugh. For some reason I just read your sidebar, and love that you are really interested in your husband. That made me laugh too. We do this type of dish for special occasions so I will file it away for a starchy kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our recipe doesn't use french onion soup. I'll have to try that. It looks divine! Starch is my favorite food group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome! I definitely will try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh dear. You picked a great title - I think I'm going to die and go to heaven just by looking at these pictures! I HAVE to make this when I'm craving some comfort food. Thanks for the super simple recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh for Heavens to Betsy that is SOOO yummy looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. On my this looks so yummy!! I am def gonna give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...