Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Goodwill Makeover





I had a total of about 5 minutes to scan my local Goodwill, expecting to find nothing. When out of the corner of my eye, on the bottom shelf ,(calling my name!) I saw this...



Oh Lordy!! I ran over a grabbed it up. It was then that I realized it was footed {giddy} and turning it over saw that it was a mere $2.70 {really giddy}. Colors of spray paint began running through my mind. Lime green, turquoise maybe hot pink for Hannah's room.
But after studying it a bit I really liked the patina that had taken effect and thought I would keep it that way for a bit. It's really hard to tell from the quality of my pictures all the detail that's in this tray.
For now it's callin' my front entry table home.

As I was running to check out I glanced over along the wall and saw this leaning against it.

I almost didn't even bother to go over and take a look. But boy am I glad I did. This is a HUGE frame and about 4 inches thick. It's wood but not solid. Making it light enough for me to carry and to hang on the wall.



You guessed it. Half a can of black spray paint later..here is what it looks like.


I already had this letter G hanging in our home. So I thought it might look a bit more dressed up with a nice frame around it.


I purchased both of these items for $6.70! Not to bad I would say!
Want to see more great finds then head over to Southren Hospitality  and Silly Little Sparrow and check out all the great post's!


25 comments:

  1. That big frame looks incredible over your loveseat, and that tray is so pretty! I'm glad you decided to leave it as is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your footed tray. Especially leaving it with the patina as is.... Good bargain, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love the HUGE frame with the G. so cute. what a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The frame looks incredible!! Love the tray too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tray! The frame looks fabulous! Perfect to take the G to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the frame! What a great find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the silver tray! I’ve seen a lot of trays and never one like this…I love the details and handles. The frame is a still too! I looks great featuring the G. I just did a redo on an old goodwill frame. Ahh Goodwill, gotta them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol-great finds! I am wondering why my good will doesn't have these kind of prices- that tray would have been at least 9.99 at the one I go to!

    Love the frame and G!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the "G". I am totally going to frame the G we have in our home now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that tray and I love it as is too! That frame looks awesome, love what you did with it! Awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful finds! You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kate, I love your big frame! That's a great idea to hang it over the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You found a fabulous tray. I for one would not paint that one. I like it the way it is. The footed ones with handles too are hard to find, in my estimation. I have a footed one, but would love one with handles too. Good job! Marla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the frame is so cool! Love the way it looks with the G! Super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog!! Your home is so beautiful. I'm going to follow right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That tray is too cool! Perish the thought that spray paint would ever touch it!

    Just think how it would look all polished off with bowls of pretzels, M&M's, hot wings and chips & guac. on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, such great finds. Your Goodwill stores in the US are treasure troves! *allgreenwithenvy*. I love the silver platter!
    Found you through Toot Your Horn Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful tray...I've been searching for one like that...great find...I love the picture frame and initial art ..very dramatic!

    Miss Bloomers/Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love picking up one of a kind frames at our local Goodwill! I use them for all sorts of things! Love how yours turned out!

    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea... it looks terrific. And that silver tray? It is beautiful-- and if you ever get tired of it, I know where it could find a good home.... :-)
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  21. i LOVE the frame! I don't usually stop and look at the large frames. This is now a thing of the past! I have the perfect wall for this. Thanks so much for the happiness that you brought me! Love your blog! Please, come and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks great. Simple and Classy. I have a frame around an S in my house but I like your frame so much better!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've recently started collecting frames as well and I absolutely love the one that you found! What gorgeous lines! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...