Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Mexican Quinoa Salad

I’m on a new Quinoa kick. I call it new because, for me, cooking with Quinoa is something I have had on “my list” but just now getting around to doing.




Here is a Mexican Quinoa Salad I made for a recent family get together. I had a little fun making the guys in the family guess what they were eating.



Mexican Quinoa Salad

1 Cup cooked Quinoa
15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
15oz can of sweet corn, rinsed and drained
1 Green bell pepper, chopped fine
1 Yellow bell pepper, chopped fine
1 Red bell pepper, chopped fine
¼ cup chopped scallions
1 avocado, chopped
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tsp. ground cumin
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
Salt and pepper to taste


First make your dressing by mixing the olive oil, vinegar, cumin, lime juice salt and pepper together in a small bowl and set aside.



While Quinoa is cooking chop all your veggies and drain your beans and corn. Mix together veggies, beans and corn in large bowl. After Quinoa has cooked and, allowed to cool, mix into your veggies and drizzle with dressing. Adding more olive oil if desired.  When taking the dish I waited to chop and add my avocado just before serving.

 This is served great as a side dish, dip or main meal for those hot summer days.


 Enjoy


6 comments:

  1. That looks so good! Great picture. Very ironic, we made Quinoa for the first time this weekend. Can't wait to try yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quinoa and this salad is perfect!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would just love this salad, it looks delicious!
    Thank you for sharing and have a great week.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so having a love affair with corn right now... this sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds totally delicious with the black beans and cider vinegar always gives such a great flavor. I bet it was funny when the guys were guessing :) I'm your newest follower and I wanted to invite you over to show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a blessed day!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kinoa zayıflamaya yardımcı bir besin mi? Bir kaç yerde öyle duydum da?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...